Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Our Dependence



Been going thru a lot this past year, wont go into everything, but suffice it to say it's been a rough year. And now Obama for president! We have to believe God is in control and He orchestrated this even if we don't like it - and I don't! At times like this I question God and what He is up to. My only hope is that it is to bring us to a place to know, our dependence is on Him.
Few weeks ago I found this new song by a guy I've loved ever since I heard him a few years ago. The song that caught my attention at that time was "Grace Changes Everthing". His latest really broke me this morning. Was thinking about the election, our situation and was feeling pretty desperate! Ready to throw up my hands and quit. Oh not quit serving God, but quit everything else. Then this song came on my ipod and I began to weep.
This is where I'm at:
"Just to know, just to know that you love me, gives me hope to carry on, there's nothing this world can do. Just to know, just to know that your with me, on all these roads I travel on, when all I have is gone, I confess my dependence on you. Just to know, just to know that you love me, gives me hope to carry on, your the one thing I can depend on. Just to know, Just to know your with me on all these roads I travel on, your the one thing I can turn to. I confess my dependence on you."
This CD hasn't been released yet, but is supposed to be soon and you can get the single on itunes or his myspace.

2 comments:

Todd Oldenburg, Banning CA said...

Love you guys and miss you mucho mucho!!! Sincerely praying for you and hope to see you guys again soon!

B said...

Hey, Laura,
Just found your blog thru Mike Slagle's. Was sooo good to see you guys at conference. Was good to get to fellowship with you and the Christler's at lunch. Wish we could have had more time to visit.
I have been thinking of you often and praying for you. Be ncouraged in knowing that God does have everything under control, even the election. He has a plan for you, and He will direct your steps as long as you trust Him. Remeber Abraham and how God told him to go and that God would show him the way as he went.
Love you and hope to see you soon.
Brenda