Saturday, November 8, 2008

UNITY & ANNOINTING

I'm reading a new Dutch Sheets book, man is he an awesome author and really gets in your stuff! In this one he's talking about prayer but it's more about unity, generational prayer etc. I'm only on chapter 3 but already gleaned so much. One thought is that in Psalm 133 "Behold, how good and how pleasant it is for brothers to dwell in UNITY@ It is like the precious oil upon the head, coming down upon the beard, even AAron's beard, coming down upon the edge of his robes. "

The Hebrew word towb is actually used for both good and precious so is God saying that they are more than merely alike or similar, that these two are inseperably linked - they funcion together.

But Dutch goes on to say that the say word towb "also means "fruitful" so the psalm is quite literally speaking of fruit-producing unit and fruit-producing anointing oil, and because of the order of mentioned that God is saying the fruitful unity is what causes the fruitful anointing.

THEN the verse mentions Aaron in his preistly function, so Dutch says that "When we, the Body of Christ, agree together in our priestly function of prayer, the Father pours out His anointing oil over or Great High Priest, Jesus, and it flows from His head to His beard and ON TO US, HIS BODY."!

There is more in the beginning of the book and like I'm said I'm only on chapter 3!

The first book I read of Dutch Sheets was THE RIVER OF GOD and I just reread it the other day. I want to be in the river over my head [and I can't even swim :-)]. In this book He's referencing to Ezekial and the River that comes from the throne of God.

In this book, about prayer, He is talking about us uniting and crossing races because after all we are all one body! and putting feet to our prayers for God to move in America for a great revival.
If there was ever a time that we need to do this it is now. I'm proud of America in electing a black president, although I voted for McCain. You know I never even thought about Obama being black, it is his values and goals I voted against. But now we have him we need to pray for God to unit American, for Him to bring a revival.

1 comment:

B said...

Well said, Laura. I'm praying that way. I believe we are living in the last of the last days, so we really need to pray for revival. We need to all work together to lead as many to Christ while there is still time.
Hope you have a great weekend.
:) Brenda Turner
P.S. Write me back on my blog! :)