Saturday, November 15, 2008

Wow!


So much, God is so awesome and there is so much to learn and yet we, (I) neglect, forfeit, shun the opportunity so often.

I read a blog last night that grabbed me. He was talking about his daughter when she was tiny and how one night as he was gazing at her she just locked eyes with him and just stared without blinking and how it made him feel. Then God said that is how He feels when we lock eyes with him. In other words, really connect with Him in prayer, communion. That just keeps playing over and over in my mind.

As I stated last night, I'm reading "Walking With God", and this morning I could only read so much as it just wouldn't let me go. He was talking about a sanctified life and ref John 15:4 "remain in me and I will remain in you". He said how often I want to do things, I want to live the nice life that I want and I also want to play an important part in God's Kingdom. This often causes me to make decisions and choices that cause me to live outside Jesus in small little ways and "simply wonder off" not even thinking to ask God. Ususally I don't ask God because I don't want to hear what He has to say because it may not be what I want to hear, and then I have to make the decision to either obey or not obey. [I put I in there because it so is what I do]

Jesus often spoke about only doing what the Father ask and this requires a desire to live in God and a willingness to subject our wills to His. Not to abandon our desires and just say "whatever" with resignation. But to have "a heart that is present and engaged with God, bringing our desires to Him, yet submitting our wills to His, genuinely trusting that what He says is best."

This brings me back to what God spoke to me a few years back when I was praying for Ryan Christler to receive a new heart. God ask me "What if that is not my will, can you trust me?" I really understood that trusting God is letting Him choose! The choice may not be our choice, but He sees the big picture and He loves us!! and only wants what is best for us. Jer 29:11 Not that this is always easy to swallow, or that I even am there, but I KNOW HE IS ABLE! I just have to keep working on me.

1 comment:

B said...

How true it is that often we don't bother to ask God for something because of fear we won't like the answer. I think for myself, it's because I'm such a control freak that I don't want to ask unless I can control the outcome. I think I'm trusting God, but then when things don't go the way I want, I start to panic. Often times in my life, the circumstances have had to be completely out of my control before I've been able to trust Him and trust that whatever He chooses for me is going to be the best for me. Once I get to the place, then I think, well, duh, why didn't I just trust God from the beginning?
Have a great Sunday.
:) Brenda