Thursday, January 15, 2009

This Journey I'm On

Don't you just hate to admit that you didn't see something right in front of you? My mom used to say if it had been a snake it would have bit me. :)
I read that "When we live to know God, we will know how God want us to live." I think this means that He also will make His will known. We sometimes say God is silent when it is really that we either aren't listening or don't want to hear what He is saying.

Have you ever thought about fireman having the courage to run into a fire, not just once, but over and over again. They never stop and think about it, BECAUSE if they do they might rethink it, try to find other options etc. But they know they have been trained and know what to do, so they just go. Well, if we "live to know God, we will know" what He wants, by the principles and teachings of His Word. Our first instinct is often the one God wants for us but we try to say we just want to be sure when what we are really saying is that we don't really like what the direction is. I'm saying we when I right now I'm really mean me.. Part of the equation is fear, we must have the courage to obey, regardless of the circumstances, that is TRUST.

The adventure God has called us to is only for those who will relinquish their lives and let God raise them from the dead. This is from Uprising again. Phil. 1:21 "To live is Christ and to die is gain." I want to live! so I must obey!

1 comment:

Betty said...

Hi Laura,

I saw your picture on another blogger's site. It think it was It's All Good, which belongs to Brenda.

I had to do a double take as I could not believe how much you and I look alike. I thought it was a picture of me at first.

I hope you will visit.