Tuesday, January 13, 2009

What is Your Compass?


In my devotions today I read, "though David led with 'skillful hands,' his compass was the integrity of his heart!" WOW, I wonder if they can say that about me, about you? David wasn't just modeling the right thing; the right thing was the longing of his heart.

That is the defining factor, the longing of our hearts. Do we seek honor and authority to control or to empower. Power simply allows us to unleash OUR PASSIONS. Jesus's use of His authority was an extension of His use of power. He served, he empowered and then released with the authority of His name. When we have integrity we use power to bless.
If we pursue power and prestige, we cease to puruse character. We don't need to relinquish the search for greatness, but we do need to redefine the meaning of greatness. What does it mean to you to be great? It is different to the world than it is to God. To be great in God's eyes is to realize and acknowledge our weakness and lowliness without Him and to serve others.
To have His heart, that is my prayer.
Psalms 37:4-5 "Delight yourself also in the Lord, and He shall give you the desires of your heart. Commit your way to the Lord, Trust also in Him, and He shall bring it to pass." We stop reading at verse 4, but the crucial point is in verse 5. We think it is easy to delight ourselve ( we really have no idea of the full meaning.) We think of joy, pleasure, but delight also means satisfaction, enchantment, appreciate. Then COMMIT your way to the Lord, Trust also in Him. This brings a new scope to it. To commit means to hand over, pledge, execute your way. Trust means to have confidence, reliance, dependence. Three activities we are to engage in.

2 comments:

It's All Good! said...

I'm finding more and more how much I need to depend of Him. I cannot do anything myself.
Good devotional.
Thanks.
Brenda

Anonymous said...

Thankѕ for yοur perѕonal marvelous pоsting!

I reаlly enjoyed readіng it, you're a great author.I will make sure to bookmark your blog and will come back from now on. I want to encourage you to definitely continue your great work, have a nice day!

Here is my web site: seo