Wednesday, May 6, 2009

The Waves of Circumstances

Today I feel like Peter when he got out of the boat. He was doing OK as long as his eyes were on Jesus, but when he looked at the waves [circumstances] he sank. This past week, after paying our bills and seeing what was left, I got my eyes on the waves. I've been doing pretty good, keeping my eyes on God and staying pretty encouraged until then.

This morning I thought about staying home and watching a church service on the internet. That would have been my loss and definitely not God's will today. We visited a local church that I had heard about because of their community service, Neighborhood Church. The word today was what we needed, and the pastor was so real and transparent as he brought it. God knew where to direct us this morning, and thankfully we listened.

I also saw this tweet today so though I would put it here. God's Phone number: Jeremiah 33:3 Call to me and I will answer you and tell you great and unsearchable things you do not know. Doesn't it amaze you sometime how He knows just what we need, if we will listen with hearts open. I pray I keep my ears and heart open and my eyes on Jesus.

No comments: