Monday, May 11, 2009

LifePoint Community

We're still working out the bugs on our webpage, trying to get some links hooked up etc. There is so much to think about and to process in getting all the groundwork laid. I'll be reading and trying to apply what I’m reading to what I’m doing in connecting this to that, and so often the steps won’t work out like they are supposed to, so I have to try again. Then after awhile I just have to walk away, it feels like my mind has become mush..
So anyway, this morning I’m doing my devotions, and this is what I came across: "We cannot save ourselves...., God does that; but God will not give us good habits, He will not give us character, He will not make us walk alright." This is May 10th in My Utmost for His Highest, since we got up early to be with our son in church yesterday I read it this morning.

I know that sometimes it is hard to distinguish between what God expects from us and us trying to earn his favor, which you cannot do. But, there is a distinction and we all have a responsibility to develop the person God desires. God will not make you do/be what/who he wants; this is where your responsibility comes in.

I think sometimes we have the idea that when we accept Christ that everything is done, that there is nothing more to do? It is true that there is nothing more to do to assure our standing with God. The problem is when we then expect God to take who we are and just use us that way. Again, it is true He will use us where we are, but he doesn’t want to leave us there. After the conversion experience, we will progress through a reevaluating of our priority's, our values, our morals, based on what God thinks. As we endeavor to know him better, and follow him closely, we begin to take on the mind of Christ. Each day we during this journey we will come to crossroads where we will have to make decisions. Whether we realize it or not, life is full of decisions, some more critical than other's, but every decision affects our next step and eventually our destiny.

The most critical process is in establishing our character, our integrity, of the person we really are, when no one is around. That is why exploring the Bible truths, building relationships with people who are not impressed with you, but will be honest, is so important. That is why to have a community of believers to connect with so essential. It doesn't make you a better person, it just helps you on your journey, gives you a support system. This is what we purpose to establish with LifePoint Church.


No comments: