Monday, June 1, 2009

The Assignment

This church plant assignment is really stretching me. The main challenge for us planting LifePoint is going to be building our team from the community when we don't have know anyone. We came to Visalia not having any contacts and in order to build a team we are, as salesmen say, having to do it cold. This is difficult for me, because I am basically a shy person and don't really find it easy to talk to people I don't know. Through the years since Lindell was called into the ministry, I have made myself get over (outwardly at least) my insecurities and meet people. Once I know someone it's not that hard, especially if I can find a common ground. But as we keep reminding ourselves, if it was easy than it wouldn't be God.

More than anything we need your prayers. We know this is what God has spoke to our hearts, but the challenge is sometimes overwhelming. Thank you for holding us up and remembering us when you talk to the Father.
love and blessings to each and everyone of you.

No comments: