Monday, June 8, 2009

The Noticer by Andy Andrews


I now get to review books for Thomas Nelson and this is the first book for me. I chose it because I had seen some twits by others who had read it and I was not disappointed. I highly recommend it to everyone.

This book is a combination of fiction and allegory with lots of inspirational tidbits added in. The main premise is that perception is the key to communication as well as how we view life itself. There is a little marriage counseling, parenting and just plain ole relationship advice throughout.

"What is it about me that other people would change if they could?" is one of the questions that is asked. If we want to influence others then we have to ask yourself this because another person's perspective will influence their response to you.

People who worry are smart: "Because we are smart and creative, we imagine all the things that could happen, that might happen, that will happen if this or that happens." :-)

One thing that caught my eye was what you think of when you say 'success' vs. what you think of when you say 'successful life'. We all tend to measure our life by our success when a successful life is an entirely different measuring stick.

This was a very entertaining and thought provocative book that was hard to put down. I loved it.

No comments: