Tuesday, March 23, 2010

What's Your Passion?

Started reading a new book, as you know I read A LOT! :-).. This one is CRUSH IT! by Gary Vay-ner-chuk the subtitle is Why Now Is The Time To Cash In On Your Passion. He says if we don't enjoy our job and look forward to getting up and going to work we should find our passion and do it.

The problem I have, is finding my real passion. All my adult life I've been a wife, mother, pastor's wife and held various office jobs along the way. My family and God have been my passion. I do love to read, I like to write but I don't think I have a book in me. lol One thing I do enjoy is planning events. I worked for our district women's and youth Ministries for several years and part of my job was assisting in the planning of retreats and camps. For four years I was the couple's retreat organizer and I have planned family reunions several times. But is that my passion? enough to try to start a business? How do I go about it? In this economy is there a call/market for it? I don't know. I'm researching and reading up on what is envolved, to see the feasability.

So, that's where I am today in this journey. Where are you? Are you living your passion?

No comments: