Tuesday, April 27, 2010

THE VOICE – New Testament

"The VOICE" is The New Testament that Brings Together Beauty, Tradition, and the future Church. It is a devotional commentary and I LOVE IT!

This is not just another translation. It is “A Scripture project to rediscover the story of the Bible.” The key purpose of the project is to retell the story of the Bible in a manner akin to today’s writings while at the same time staying true to the original manuscripts.

It is written in a screenplay format and throughout it has outlined boxes that expands on the theme, which gives you insight as to the customs and what may have been going on at the time. I have found them extremely enlightening and helpful.

Philippians 3:10, one of my favorite scriptures, reads: “I want to know Him inside and out. I want to experience the power of His resurrection. I want to find myself deeper in the path of the Liberating King, joined in His suffering, shaped by His death, so that I may arrive safely at the resurrection from the dead.”

A diverse team with unprecedented gifts was gathered for this project. In addition to the Greek and Hebrew, authorities and biblical scholars there were poets, fiction writers, musicians, and preachers. Careful attention was given to be faithful, objective, and unbiased

I find The VOICE to be refreshing, it doesn’t change any scriptures, it doesn’t take any thing from them, but it draws you in.

No comments: