Sunday, February 27, 2011

Tandem by Tracey Bateman

When I received my latest fiction book for review from Water Brook, Tandem by Tracey Bateman, I was surprised to find out it was a Christian vampire story. I know vampires have become quite poplar these days in books, TV shows, and movies and I’m also sure there are those who will question the words Christian and vampire being used together.  

I won’t go into what I think about the issue of vampires, however, at first  I wasn’t sure I wanted to read the book.  Nevertheless, Tracey is a compelling author, and once I picked up the book it held my attention and kept me guessing as to where she was headed and how the mystery would end. 

 The heroine, Lauryn, struggles with her concept of God and a dad that has Alzheimer’s. Her high school crush is the son of the local pastor who left town to become a missionary after graduation and returns with a child.  

Tracey Bateman does write in a way to draw you into the story and hold you captive to the story line, her characters are fascinating, and you will wind up rooting for the heroine, and maybe even one of the vampires. :-)

No comments: