Sunday, August 28, 2011

Book #2 Precinct 11 Novel The BETRAYAL


I’ve always appreciated the genius of Jerry B. Jenkins writing well before the Left Behind series. I just finished his latest, THE BETRAYAL, which I found out was Book #2 of Precinct 11 Novels.  Now I will have to read book one.  I finished the novel in about two days as I found it hard to put down. 

The story follows Detective Boone Drake as he tries to unravel the questions surrounding the attempt to kill an informant being transferred to a secret place. Suspecting an inside job he is not prepared for the suspected person being someone he is close to. 

Detective Boone makes it his mission to get to the bottom of the matter in spite of being injured while protecting the witness and being warned to stay out of the investigation.  White questioning his own instincts and not knowing who he can trust he endeavor’s to get some answers and learn the truth.

Throughout the story you are intrigued and kept guessing what is around the next page. I found it refreshing to also read of the character’s search in spiritual things as well as the matters of everyday life.  Jerry Jenkins keeps you spellbound and anxious to see where he will take you next. 

I received this book from Tyndale House Publisher’s free for an honest review.

No comments: