Friday, August 26, 2011

INDELIBLE A Story of Courage


Kristen Heitzman’s INDELIBLE was an interesting & captivating read. I loved the story line, her writing was intriguing however I just a little perplexed by the ending of each chapter. I’m not even sure what to call it as it was set apart and sort of poetic and was I guess an addendum about the villain in the story. I found it distracting and almost non understandable. However I suppose it did bring the story all together in the long run and I could hardly put the book down until I finished it.

The narrative is about a Natalie, young woman with eidetic memory, Trevor, a former pro skier turned mountain rescuer, guide and shop owner who are brought together when he rescues her nephew. The majority of the characters are all flawed in some way according to society. Among them there is a blind woman, a man who does not like to be touched, and of course your dysfunctional families.

It is a redemption story about making the most of your gifts and abilities, overcoming limitations and compassion.  There are several minor characters that also play an integral part in the story line and although Kristen weaves a suspenseful romantic story I felt she does leave a few of the minor character’s left without closer.

I received this book free from Waterbrook Press for giving my honest unbiased review.

No comments: