Sunday, October 2, 2011

The SKIN MAP a Bright Empires Trilogy

In order to get up to speed after receiving Stephen Lawhead’s latest book from Thomas Nelson I procured THE SKIN MAP, (Bright Empires Trilogy).  Stephen writes mythic history and although it's not the type of book I usually read, I did enjoy it
and found it appealing.

 The premise is a young man, “Kit” Cosmo Livingstone, accidentally “jumps” from one place and time into another and meets his long lost great grandfather who he is named after.   The old man tries to talk him into assisting him in his adventure but Kit declines and goes back. He returns to his previous quest which was to his girlfriends place but finds he’s several hours late. In order to explain and convince her of his reason for being late he takes her to show her he’s telling the truth. Thus begins the journey of a lifetime for both of them.

 Not wanting to give too much away I will just say that I felt like there were a few unanswered questions at the end as to how one of the character’s accomplished what they did.  However, I found the book quite fascinating and have already started the sequel. For people who really enjoy this type of book it is a very interesting concept and written quite compellingly.


I received this book free from Thomas Nelson for writing an honest review.

No comments: