Tuesday, November 8, 2011

The HARVEST of GRACE an Ada’s House Novel

I found a new favorite author in Cindy Woodsmall after reading the Sisters of the Quilt series so was eager to read the latest book of hers offered on Waterbook Press. I was just a little frustrated when I realized it was Book Three however I opted to read it without reading the first two.  I was not disappointed with this decision as it is a book that can stand alone.  I will however try to procure the previous books to read.

Having a very good friend who is Amish, Cindy writes some of the best novels concerning their faith. She presents her characters in a knowledgeable, authentic, accepting way to where you possibly get a glimmer of understanding of their community. 

The heroine, Sylvia, is a young woman who is betrayed by boy she loves and her sister and consequently talks her Daed into letting her get a job in another Amis community a few miles away. There she meets Aaron, her boss’s son. They have differing points of view and goals but nonetheless find themselves attracted to each other.  What follows is an account of a spiritual journey for both of them. I highly recommend this book!


I received this book free from Waterbrook Press for an honest review.

2 comments:

B'zPlace said...

Hi, Laura
I've finally decided to re-join the Bloggy world. So much hashappened over the past two years!
I hope this post finds you well and amazing things happening in your life!
I am unfamiliar with the author of this series of books, but your review makes me want to read it.
Take care and God Bless,
Brenda Turner

LauraBo said...

I have been thinking about you and wondering how you were doing. Wishing I had your phone number or something to check on you. email me directly at ljlmbo@yahoo.com would love to talk to you. This author is really good. She has a close friend who is Amish so she treats it with honesty and sensitivity. This is the first book of a 2nd series. I read the 1st series, in fact I still have book one of that series if you want I can send it to you.