Sunday, December 4, 2011

THE DANCE OF GRIEF AND JOY


I love the group Selah and have followed their ministry ever since I heard You Lift Me Up. I have to admit I do wish Nicole was still singing with the group though.  

I WILL CARRY YOU The Sacred Dance of Grief and Joy by Angie Smith is the story of lead singer Todd Smith’s wife Angie’s journey with the loss of a baby girl. 

When I heard about Todd & Angie losing their baby and then just a few weeks later Nicole & Greg’s little boy joined his cousin in Heaven I was heartbroken for the family. I found Angie’s blog and read some of her postings about their journey so when I heard there was going to be a book printed from the blog I knew I had to read it.

The book not only chronicles the story of pregnancy and birth but Angie is so open and transparent about her struggles, questions and how God has met her and taught her through it all. This book is a must read for anyone who has lost someone, not only a child but any loved one. We all struggle with many of the same questions Angie does.
 
What do you do when your heart is breaking and others are going on about how God has just performed a miracle for them?  If you’re like Angie, I and countless others you think: “It is easy to be a believer when He gives you a miracle.”  

It is indeed a dance of grief and joy because God there holding you through it all and our life is a song.

No comments: