Wednesday, December 14, 2011

DO SOME CHRISTIANS ACT LIKE WEREWOLFS AND ZOMBIES?

 I just finished NIGHT of the LIVING DEAD CHRISTIAN by Matt Mikalatos. It is an allegory that mixes questions we all ask with touches of a weird humor.  

The story is of Luther, a werewolf, who is trying to take control of the animalistic side of himself and his neighbor who has fantasies of monsters with himself being a monster conqueror.  They join forces with an android and scientist who themselves are quite peculiar, in search for a cure for Luther. 

The premise is that like many people today they try to find the answers anywhere and anyway that does not require them to actually admit they can’t do it themselves and need to submit to God. There are many good thoughts and leaves you with much to think about. It will cause you to look around you and question how you may come across to people who are unchurched or even those who may have left the church and questions why they might have left. 

However, I still have not decided what I think of this book. I get what he’s saying and I understand the idea of presenting it with humor to possibly help the medicine go down better, but werewolf’s,  zombies, and monsters? I challenge you to read the book for yourself and make up your own mind.

I received this book free from Tyndale Publishers for a fair and honest review.

2 comments:

Matt Mikalatos said...

Hey, Laura! Thanks for the review, and I'm glad that NLDC gave you plenty to think about!

ღ soraya ღ said...

nice post thanks for sharing...blessings