Tuesday, March 20, 2012

WHO SAVED WHO?

I did it again, received a book to read that was a sequel to another book. Boo Hoo But this book can stand alone, however, probably because of that it did take me awhile to get into it.  

SAVING GRACE by Annie Jones is a story of four women, Naomi, Rose, Gayle and Lucy, who, although of different ages and places in their lives, have met through a prayer group and become good friends.  However, after the prayer group has completed its obligation they have drifted somewhat apart. Naomi is determined that they recapture that intimacy and maintain the friendship so she comes up with a scheme to help the subject of the town’s gossip, Grace Grayson-Wiley. 

The impact of the mission on each of their lives and how God uses them to not only assist Miss Grace but how it touches the whole community is a saga that is not only a great story but also a wonderful lesson. Maybe I should say “lessons” as there are several. Miss Grace teaches the entire central one.  “Yes, Lord, I trust you. You’ve taken me this far in my weakness and I know you will carry me the rest of the way. No matter what comes, I’m going to make it.” 

This is a good book and I would recommend it to everyone. I received free from Waterbrook Multnomah for an honest review.

1 comment:

Diane said...

I saw this book and wondered about it. Thanks for your thoughts and the review. :O)