Sunday, April 29, 2012

A JOURNEY TO GRACE


THE SECRET LIFE OF A FOOL chronicles the story of Andrew Palau, son of renowned evangelist Luis Palau. Much like the prodigal son Andrew walked away from the way he had been raised and sunk into the lowest depths of humanity with the life he lived.
 
The first part of the book goes into detail of the path he took, much like many books of this category do. My one concern is that they spend too much on the life he lived and not enough on the redemptive grace of God and the life that followed.  The story ends pretty much with his decision and the journey back. It comes across to me just a little too preachy at the last part and not enough about the hope and joy that comes with the change, about what the life of Christ is about and how the change affected him and his family.

I admire the Palau family. As a mother and the wife of a minister, I raised four sons. Thankfully they never took the path Andrew took and I can only imagine what his parents experienced through all this. They are an example of never giving up and faith in God.  

I received this book free from Worthy Publishing for an honest review.

No comments: