Friday, June 22, 2012

TO HAVE A HEART LIKE HIS

I’m not a Beth Moore follower thus I was wary when I was contacted to read and review “A HEART LIKE HIS” about David I didn’t respond at first. However, I am so glad I did. It is a very thought provoking, insightful look into the life of David from the time of his anointing by Samuel throughout the many trials and triumphs of his life.

Several chapters are preceded by one of the Psalms David wrote concerning the event and then the chapter highlights something we could learn from the scriptures. I came away with insight into David, the Psalms and lessons we all could glean from his examples, both of how to do it as well as how not to do it. David was after all, just a man with faults and failures like us, but he had an incredible relationship with God and is said to be a man after His own heart.  Oh that people could say the same about me. 

There are also many questions left unanswered in the scriptures, like why did David insist on Michal to be returned to him as a demand for alliance with Abner  to bring Israel to him? He already had broken God’s laws by having multiple wives, why Michal also? There are many things to learn, also to ponder but I highly recommend this book.

I received this book free from the publicist for a fair and honest review.

No comments: