Monday, April 8, 2013

WHO DO YOU TRUST



A Matter of Trust is the third Lis Wiehl book I've read and I was not disappointed. Lis is a former prosecutor and she writes with expertise and knowledge of the criminal justice system.

Meg Quinn is a recent widow with two children, who has returned to work in the DA's office after her husband dies. Meg is considering a case involving a teenage boy who committed suicide. She believes it is because he was being bullied.  At the same time her son, Gabriel, just started high school and is dealing with peer pressure and some of his decisions are not the best. 

Then to complicate things Meg is assigned the case of her friend Colleen, another DA, who was murdered. Charlie Carlson is the homicide detective investigating both cases. Meg and Charlie worked a case together before that did not end well, so there is tension and distrust to work through. Another DA was murdered in a similar way five years previously. The question on every one's mind is if there is a connection. 

This is a well written intriguing who done it. It was hard to put down as I followed Meg and Charlie through their investigations. Then I wanted to take Gabe in my arms and help him navigate the path he was on.

I received this book free from Thomas Nelson for an honest review.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hеllо! This іs kinԁ of οff toρic but I
nеed some аdvice from an establіshed
blоg. Iѕ it very haгd to set
uр youг own blog? I'm not very techincal but I can figure things out pretty quick. I'm thіnκing аbout mаkіng my own but I'm not sure where to begin. Do you have any tips or suggestions? Many thanks click through the up coming web site

LauraBo said...

They are not that hard to set up, it just takes some trial and error. Log onto Blogspot.com, register, look at the various layout options. I've changed my layout recently, there are several free ones to pick from.