Sunday, June 30, 2013

The Job is UNFINISHED



Several years ago I read A Hole In Our Gospel by Richard Stearns and was enlightened and challenged by it. I received an email inviting me to read his latest book "UNFINISHED: Believing is Only the Beginning" which again challenged me and also inspired me to find that "something" I can do. 

He reiterates what we all know, however may forget or ignore, that we are all called for a purpose. There is no separation between the secular and sacred, that where we are is our mission. At the beginning of Chapter 15 he quotes George Elliot "It's never too late to be who you might have been."
 
He shares the domino chain reaction and how a little domino can topple a much larger one when strategically placed. The point being that we are often astounded at the end result of some miniscule event.

Because we doubt that anything we do is significant we often miss our opportunity to make a difference. In the introduction he states that God created us to be a key role in his story and we will feel incomplete until we find it.

He challenges us all with: "But the job he gave us to do remains unfinished. It is our turn now...our time to lead God's revolution."

I received this book free from World Vision to read and share.

No comments: