Sunday, January 4, 2015

FLORIDA MEETS MICHIGAN



The latest Amish novel I just finished was by a new author for me, who writes an intriguing and captivating story.  A WOODLAND MIRACLE by Ruth Reid is one I didn't put down until I had finished it.

Grace Wagler, is a young maedel, in an Amish district in Michigan. When  Ben Eicher and Toby Graber, two Floridian Amish, get into trouble they are sent to the Michigan district to work the timber mill with Toby's uncle.

The differing district odnung's is just one of the hurdles confronted by the trio. Grace has a noticeable physical handicap that has caused her to put up walls, Ben and Toby's reason for being in Michigan, the men all being gone to the lumber camp and an escaped mental patient also add to the plot.

Ruth draws you in and holds you with her narrative and brings you to a satisfactory, if not totally desirable conclusion.

I recommend A Woodland Miracle and I will definitely add Ruth Reid to my list of author's to read again.

I received this book free for an honest review from Harper Collins Christian Publishing via Thomas Nelson.

No comments: