Monday, October 12, 2015

BLESSINGS MERCY



 
I got hooked on Lauraine Snelling's books on the first series of the Bjorkland. I haven't read any of the other series until I received STREAMS OF MERCY, which of course is the third in the Song of Blessing series.

I did read the first two, thinking I needed to so i wouldn't be lost, however, I was somewhat disappointed that it didn't really follow the main character of the first two. It did mention her throughout but l felt cheated a little.

In Streams of Mercy, Anji Baard Moen is a widow who has returned from Norway after her husband passes. She feels like she has come home where she knows everyone and is loved.

Thomas Devlin is a Anglican Priest who came to Blessing two years ago and has endeared himself to the community. He has worked construction, as a teacher and h as assisted in the hospital, the newspaper and anywhere he sees a need.

Their relationship is not the focal point of the story of Blessing in this novel but does had the romance. The outcome disappointed me some but others will probably cheer.

Now I just have to wait for the Spring of 2016 to read the next book and see what transpires next in this Dakota town of blessing.

I received this book free from Bethany Publishing Group for an honest review.

No comments: