Monday, April 11, 2016

PREDICTABLE


I have read several of Tracie Peterson's books and enjoyed them although they are often involved and sometimes hard to read because of it. A TREASURE CONCEALED is one that I really found hard to finish because of that. It became so predictable although involved. I found myself frustrated at the way the story was evolving and irritated at the characters in the story.

Emily Carver is the daughter of a gold crazy man and his ill wife who feels compelled to take care of her parents. Caeden Thibault is a young man born of privilege who resents his dad's business ethics and lack of parental love.

Caeden proceeds to get a college education, turns his back on his dad's business and become a geologist. He travels to Montana where he meets Emily and her parents. Before he died his dad had made some arrangements that Caeden refuses to acknowledge.

I received this book free for an honest review from Bethany House Publishers.

No comments: