Sunday, January 15, 2017

IS THE PAST WHO YOU ARE?





I did it again. I received a book to review that was third in part of a series and had not read the first two. So, me being who I am I had to read the others first. I was not disappointed! Candace Calvert delivers in the Crisis Team series. maybe you is a story of redemption, forgiveness and second chances.

Sloane Wilder Ferrell is an ER nurse running from a past she'd like to stay buried. She is however, an exceptional loving caring nurse that gives above and beyond her job responsibilities.

Micah Prescott is the man in charge of marketing at Los Angeles Hope  hospital. Micah's objective is to improve the hospital's image with a campaign that features an employee who goes over and outside normal duties. After a deployment to Afghanistan and time of searching he has joined the Crisis Team.

Micah notices Sloan's selflessness and thinks she'd be the one to for the campaign but she doesn't want the publicity and resents his efforts. Thus begins a warring tension between the two. Determined to breach the divide Micah attempts to find common ground.

They soon realize there is a attraction that draws them to each other. Micah, however,  is a Christian but Sloane feels God has failed and deserted her. Will God be able to get her attention and will she accept his love?

I received a free copy from Tyndale House Publishers, Inc. No review, positive or otherwise, was required – all opinions are my own.

No comments: