Sunday, June 11, 2017

SUMMER ROMANCES




I've read a lot of Amish stories over the last few years, have a few favorite authors that write them. I just read  An Amish Summer, a collections of 4 novellas.  Although I'd read some of the offerings by a couple of the women I was a little perplexed by this book. I felt like in some ways it deviated from the Amish and their beliefs, although the stories were engaging.

A Reunion in Pinecraft by Shelly Shepard Gray is about Sherilyn Kramer starts a penpal relationship with Graham Holland and the plan a meet up in Pinecraft, each with accompanying friends. All does not go as planned.

Summer Storms by Amy Clipston tells the account of Ariana Smucker and Jesse Zook and a misunderstanding that almost destroyed their relationship.

Lakeside Love by Kathleen Fuller relates the unrequited love of Esther Coblentz for Judah King who is enamored by her younger sister Sarah.

One Sweet Kiss by Kelly Irvin is about Martha Byler as surrogate mother to her motherless siblings and love for a young man who is too much like another one she has to take care of.

I received a free copy from Harper Collins via Thomas Nelson Publishing Group. No review, positive or otherwise, was required – all opinions are my own.

No comments: